If you need to take time off work because you are unwell, or if you need to take carer’s leave because you are taking care of a member of your immediate family or household, your local UFS Pharmacist can provide you with an Absence from Work Certificate for Personal Leave or a Certificate for Carer’s Leave.
The fee for this service is $35, or for UFS members $28.
A couple of important things to note about the absence from work certificates:
- Certificates are issued at the pharmacists’ discretion.
- Pharmacists can only issue certificates for conditions that are within their scope of practice, such as minor ailments. If your illness or injury is outside a pharmacist’s ability to assess, they will refer you to a doctor or other relevant healthcare professional.
- Certificates can be issued for short periods of leave only.
- Certificates cannot be backdated.
- You may be asked for a form of identification (ID).
- If you need a Carer’s Leave Certificate, the person who is ill must be with you at the consultation.
- Consultations for these certificates are conducted in the pharmacy by a UFS Pharmacist, and may vary in length.
- These certificates cannot be provided for absences relating to pregnancy or compassionate leave.
- Available at all UFS Pharmacies – no appointment required