Medical Certificates (Absence from Work)

Medical Certificates (Absence from Work)

for Personal Leave or Carer’s Leave

If you need to take time off work because you are unwell, or if you need to take carer’s leave because you are taking care of a member of your immediate family or household, your local UFS Pharmacist can provide you with an Medical Certificate (Absence from Work) for Personal Leave or Carer’s Leave.

The fee for this service is $35, or for UFS members $28.

A couple of important things to note about the absence from work certificates:

  • Certificates are issued at the pharmacists’ discretion.
  • Pharmacists can only issue certificates for conditions that are within their scope of practice, such as minor ailments. If your illness or injury is outside a pharmacist’s ability to assess, they will refer you to a doctor or other relevant healthcare professional.
  • Certificates can be issued for short periods of leave only.
  • Certificates cannot be backdated.
  • You may be asked for a form of identification (ID).
  • If you need a Carer’s Leave Certificate, the person who is ill must be with you at the consultation.
  • Consultations for these certificates are conducted in the pharmacy by a UFS Pharmacist, and may vary in length.
  • These certificates cannot be provided for absences relating to pregnancy or compassionate leave.
  • Available at all UFS Pharmacies – no appointment required

Book an appointment at your nearest UFS Pharmacy by following the links below: