UFS Healthcare are currently recruiting a Pharmacy Manager to lead our team at the Doveton Street North Pharmacy on a full-time basis. This busy store, with a small team, services the local community.
About UFS Healthcare
UFS Healthcare is a not-for-profit healthcare company committed to empowering more people to live longer, healthier lives. Established in 1880, we have been operating health services for over 142 years. As a mutual organisation owned by our members, we invest our profits back into the business for the benefit of more than 100,000 members, as well as our patients, customers, and the wider community.
Headquartered in Ballarat, we:
- operate 19 pharmacies across the western region of Victoria delivering health services beyond dispensing
- offer a range of services through our three medical centres
- provide non-emergency medical care, free of charge to our local community through the Ballarat Priority Primary Care Centre (PPCC)
- operate Supercare Nursing Services across Victoria, providing after-hours nursing services to the communities we serve.
Our collective vision for the next ten years is to be a leading partner in connecting more people to high quality, integrated healthcare across our regions. We believe UFS is uniquely placed to deliver on this vision, which will see us expand and diversify the health services that we offer, both in Ballarat and across our regions to improve access for more people to high quality, personalised and affordable healthcare.
The purpose of this position is to lead and inspire your team to provide exceptional customer service, resulting in loyal customers and successful business outcomes. This position will manage and develop an integrated range of services within a pharmacy to deliver positive member benefit and business outcomes and reinforce and enhance the position of UFS as a high quality health care destination. As a Pharmacy Manager, you are also expected to actively manage your store's performance against key objectives and budget. All UFS Pharmacists are required to deliver professional services to customers, provide health counselling, record clinical interventions and practice forward pharmacy.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree
- A current registration with AHPRA
- A high level of clinical knowledge and demonstrated willingness to maintain and expand that knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to create new relationships and managing existing ones, building customer loyalty.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and inspiring a team to success in a fast-changing and competitive market
- Experience and ability in setting, monitoring and managing budgets and other key business management tools.
- Demonstrated customer service focus, including experience in effective counselling and interactions with customers/patients.
- Proven ability to anticipate difficulties, resolve problems and make sound decisions.
- Ability to contribute ideas, demonstrate initiative and manage change.
- Ability to plan and organise self and others to ensure the timely completion of tasks and achievement of targets.
- Qualifications or study in a business or management related field.
- Demonstrated competence in relevant computer programs.
- Experience in QCPP.
- Immunisation accredited (can support training if required).
- Competitive salary
- Generous sign on bonus*
- Relocation Assistance*
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Staff discount
Click here for the position description.
For further information please contact Senior People & Culture Business Partner, Lucy Finch on:
Please note: You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters) and have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
*Terms & Conditions apply